The Brandy Awards is the Promotional Products Association of Florida’s (PPAF) competition showcasing the creative and sales excellence of promotional product distributors/ agencies and suppliers.
Rules and Regulations
You can download the complete guideline here
HOW TO ENTER:
This guide should be used in advance of the call for entries. Here you will find the general list of deadlines, award categories, judging criteria, fees, etc. Review in advance of submitting.
• Review the award categories for the best fit. Awards are open to both Suppliers and Distributors/Agencies.
• 1 Winner and up 2 finalists will be announced for each award.
• Complete the official Brandy Award entry application at PPAF.com
• All applications must be complete and entry fees paid to be considered.
• All applications and entries will be digital.
• Gather the names of those who contributed. Please credit all members of your team in the application so they will be recognized properly in press releases and other PPAF winner announcements. Trophies, certificates, etc. will be printed or engraved based on the information you provide in the entry application.
• Obtain permission, if needed, to use any client images.
ALL ENTRIES MUST:
• Meet all official eligibility and deadline requirements as posted on PPAF.com and outlined below.
• Include at least one branded promotional product in each entry. You may include additional items such as packaging, sales inserts, direct mail, etc. that support the entry. Definition of branded promotional product is listed below for reference.
• Be entered in the correct category
• Conform to submission guidelines
• All work entered in The Brandy Award competition must be “real” and “new”. It must have first been published/distributed between January 1 and December 31 of the previous year.
“Real” work: The expressed intent is to recognize and reward creative and sales excellence in the workplace. Entries that appear to have been created solely for the purpose of winning an award will be disqualified.
“New” work: To qualify as new creative, the copy must be completely different than any used previously. Changing dates, times, etc. does not qualify.
• With the exception of the Self Promo award, all work entered must have been the result of paid creative services and/or media placement in the normal course of business. Winners may be asked for proof of publication. Work created just to enter will be disqualified.
• Entrants must be promotional marketing professionals located in Florida and can be members of PPAF or non-members. We encourage you to become a member of PPAF prior to submission to gain discounts on entry fees.
o Distributor/Agency entries must have a Florida business address.
o Supplier entries must be submitted by Rep dedicated to Florida.
• Must accept and sign the photo/video media release form included in the application.
• Conform to copyright laws. Copyright infringement and/or plagiarism (be it intentional or unintentional) will result in disqualification and, if applicable, removal of awards from any entry deemed in violation.
• If there are any disputes as to the legitimacy or eligibility of the entry, the entrant agrees, by the signature on the entry form to furnish any documentation required to the judging panel, in order to prove legitimacy. Failure to do so results in disqualification.
• If questionable, the judging panel will render the final decision to accept the entry.
• All entry fees are forfeited for any unacceptable entry.
DEFINITION OF PROMOTIONAL PRODUCT FOR PURPOSES OF SUBMISSION:
1. A promotional product/specialty item that was imprinted and used to sell products or services, promote a brand or event.
2. Promotional products are defined as: specialty advertising items or packaging if an item is also included.
3. It can be any printed piece to include promotional items, exhibits and displays, apparel and soft goods, Food, and packaging when promo items are also included.
4. Packing, direct mail/brochures or print collateral can be included in the campaign photos and mentioned in descriptions to help tell the story.
All applications are accepted online only.
Digital submissions must include at least 2 photos and may include a link to 1 video.
Formats accepted are .jpg, .png, .pdf.
Winners and finalists: It is strongly recommended that you bring physical copies of the finalist entries for display at the EXPO and Brandy Awards Ceremony.
All Brandy Award entry deadlines occur in June. Entries will be accepted until June 30. After preparing your entries in the manner described in the guide, you must upload the complete entry on PPAF.com website.
There are no exceptions to deadline dates.
By submitting your application you agree to the following:
- Verify the information submitted is correct.
- Verify that the entry is “real” work created and distributed between January 1 and Dec 31 of the previous year.
- Acknowledge that proper rights were obtained for use of any elements of the entry that were not original.
- Acknowledge that all copyright laws were followed.
- Allow reuse of the material. You release the entry for use on Internet, broadcast and/or print.
- Verify that the entry was created within the guidelines presented at PPAF.com.
- Agree that I have listed each person to be given proper credit for creating and producing the work.
- Client permission has been received for the entry.
- Failure to pay all fees in full by 5 pm June 30, 2023, will result in disqualification.
- Agree to submit photographs deemed necessary for review.
- I understand that I may be required to provide proof of performance. If unable, my entry may be disqualified.
- I, certify that this entry complies with all rules and regulations of this contest in all ways; as outlined by the official rules and regulations posted on ppaf.com and that I agree to abide by them.